Putnam County is known for the incredible variety of local artisans and their handmade, authentic products. From freshly cured soaps and beauty products, to handcrafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces, our county is home to several marketplaces and boutiques galore! There are also plenty of sports shops featuring inventory for the athlete, fan, and collectors alike. Many of our artisans also feature classes and workshops…whether you are a quilter, painter, sculptor or you just want to try something new, visit Putnam County for a shopping experience like no other.
Below is a list of many of our local shops and artisans and where you can find them:
- Putnam Farmers Market – The Putnam Farmer’s Market is a local market community with over 30 vendors! All products made or grown within a 50-mile radius of our county. From May-October you can find them every Saturday at the entrance of Valley Park from 9a-1p. During their winter months, you can catch their winter pop-ups at Area 34 in Teays Valley. When you can you find them? Typically on the first or second Saturday of each month…follow their Facebook page as they have the most up-to-date information on their pop ups and additional classes and workshops!
- Bear Wood Company – Handcrafted, one of a kind pieces every time. Bear Wood Company features an incredible selection of home decor, gifts and furniture curated from reclaimed wood – sourced locally! An added bonus: take the family for a woodshop tour and find out how pieces are created. Located on Main Street in Hurricane.
- Quilts by Phyllis – Whether it’s a quilting class, supplies, or you’re searching for an original quilt, Quilts by Phyllis features anything you could ever imaging when it comes to quilting! Located off the Hurricane exit on I-64.
- Boutiques, Boutiques, Boutiques! From women’s clothing, accessories and beauty products to home decor, Putnam County has several boutiques with products that are original, modern, and trendy. See a list below and links to their websites or Facebook Pages
- Oodles – Women and kids clothing, home decor and fine gifts
- Peyton & Peppy – Women’s clothing, accessories, and shoes
- Aloma’s Boutique – Women’s clothing and accessories
- Runway Couture – Women’s clothing, accessories, and shoes
- Yeager Design & Interiors – Fine home decor
- Calvin Broyles Jewelers – Fine jewelry
- Nandel’s – Gowns and formalwear
- Sweetly Salvaged – Handcrafted, refinished furniture and home items
- The Putnam Market – Florals and gifts
- Village Heirlooms – Amish-made furniture
- Sports Gear & Memorabilia – Putnam County is home to several local sporting goods stores with gear, equipment, custom clothing, and fan gear! Find a list of several of our locally-owned sporting goods shops.
- The Commons Marketplace – An indoor marketplace carrying several local artisan products from clothing and pottery to home goods, gifts, mugs, decals, jewelry, and much more. Handcrafted and locally sourced! Visit The Commons Marketplace at Valley Park in Hurricane.